Friday, September 22, 2006

September 22 Meeting

I greatly appreciated the chance to share thoughts and observations with other members of the class. The discussion seems to have cleared the air of some misperceptions and miscommunications. I want/need more time to continue processing (as an individual and with the group) some of the core goals, purposes, definitions, activities, etc. of the course. For instance, Karl's closing comments reassured me that our journey will be treated as an individual process. Also, his response in regard to finding balance and understanding as to what constructivism is reassured me that we weren't abandoning all we know, discarding all syllabi, throwing the reins to the students, and launching into a student directed universe. It was also helpful to have Brad reveal that he has posted only 14 times since last year. Barb's admission that she is a private person who doesn't blog also helped to relieve some of the pressure I'm feeling. I'm understanding more thoroughly that it is necessary and helpful for me to spend more time reading the cohort's blogs and class blogs. I'm definitely feeling more comfortable with blogging as homework for this class. Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 PM , Blogger Karl Fisch said...

I'm glad today's session was helpful to you and I hope others feel the same as well. I think we all need time to process - and that we all process in different ways. I'm so sorry that we didn't do a better job of communicating this at the beginning. I think we see this as so important, so critical to improving ourselves as teachers and the learning experience of our students, that sometimes our enthusiasm and passion actually gets in the way of progress.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home